UNILAK Chaplaincy helps students find a better way to deal with issues ranging from family breakdown and loneliness to drug abuse, stress and anxiety. The chaplain provides a listening ear and a caring presence for students in crisis and those who just need a friend. She/he therefore should have a passion to improve the lives of young people.
The activities undertaken by UNILAK chaplaincy office include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting students wellbeing, particularly through the provision of pastoral care;
- Encouraging reflection about the spiritual dimensions of life;
- Providing guidance to students on issues concerning human relationships;
- Providing support in cases of bereavement, family breakdown or other crisis and loss situations;
- Being readily available to provide continuity and on-going support for individual students and staff when necessary;
- Supporting students who wish to explore their spirituality;
- Providing guidance on religious values and ethical matters;
- Organizing and participating in daily staff morning devotion meetings.